As a child I lived for a time in Seoul, South Korea. As an adult, I'll return to Seoul with my husband to adopt a child. This is our journey back to Seoul.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Something to share...

I was profoundly moved by this post at Heart, Mind and Seoul. Paula is a wonderful writer and has a variety of perspectives to share about adoption issues. What she shares is incredibly personal:

http://heartmindandseoul.typepad.com/weblog/2009/01/twentythree-things-this-koreanadoptee-thought-about-as-a-child.html

Lauren

2 comments:

JBean said...

Thank you for posting this. It is beautiful. We are putting together informational books to give our family about Korea and adoption and I would love to add this to it. It makes me sad to think that people will think that our children are "lucky" they have all started their life with such loss. I pray that I will be able to acknowledge these feelings in my child some day. Thank you for sharing.

Lauren P. said...

Your welcome! I love Paula's blog and always find something inspirational there. I think including it in the books for your family is a wonderful idea. It will get them thinking from your child's point of view.