As a child I lived for a time in Seoul, South Korea. As an adult, I'll return to Seoul with my husband to adopt a child. This is our journey back to Seoul.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Family Member in Seoul!

We’ve got great news to share! My brother James is in his final stages of finding a new job and guess where we think he’s going to be? Seoul, South Korea! I can’t even tell you how excited we are and he may even beat us there as we don’t know when we’re traveling to meet Baby JH (we think late-July/early-August).

Jamie (I’m the only one allowed to call him that) didn’t live in Seoul with us because he was born after we moved back to the States. In fact, he’s one of the reasons we moved back when we did as my mom was pregnant with him at the time. I remember blaming him for that when he was a baby too, umm, sorry about that Jamie. The fact that he’ll get to experience Korea as an adult and be able to have this connection to his new nephew is wonderful. He didn’t set out to find a job there and it was pure crazy coincidence, but very happy coincidence! He seems really excited about it too.

On some level, Korea must seem familiar to him. He grew up with Korean culture all around him in our home (as much as we as a family were able to embrace since we were obviously just visitors there). It was a country that my father absolutely loved and still does. But Jamie has never experienced it and his experience as an adult will be different than mine or my father’s. We are simply thrilled for him.

He might be peeved with me that I’m posting this before he’s signed an offer but I’m so happy about it that I’m going to share it anyway. None of his friends read my blog so it’s not like I’m stealing his thunder of announcing a new job.

Good Luck Jamie! We’re pulling for you! And we can’t wait to visit you in Seoul!

Lauren

No comments: