As a child I lived for a time in Seoul, South Korea. As an adult, I'll return to Seoul with my husband to adopt a child. This is our journey back to Seoul.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Julia

Julia Ji-Hye Mendelson died this week from leukemia. I did not know her personally but knew the pieces of her life she shared on her blog http://juliasworld.wordpress.com/ .

Julia was one of the first blogs that I found when I went in search of adult Korean adoptees and her blog is the one that I returned to time and time again in hopes of finding a new post. Beautifully written, often positive and painful all at once, finding something new on her blog was always a highlight.

I never reached out to her thinking that so many others probably did. Now I wish I had. Just to tell her that I found such beauty and truth in her writing and that I was thankful to have the opportunity to learn from what she shared. More recently, the opportunity to learn more about Julia from what her family and friends have written about her has been a gift.

My heart and my prayers accompany so many others in seeking comfort and peace for Julia and those who loved her.

No comments: